News Feed

Loading...

December 2, 2012

It's a Wrap!


So it is the end of 2012 already.  When I started writing this blog 23 months ago, I didn’t realize how much fun it would become for me.  I wanted it to be different than a blog full of beauty advice and tons of boring product photos.  Instead, I wanted to reveal the behind the scenes look at my life as a working makeup artist in a smaller market.  I hoped to help aspiring artists reach for their dreams.  This year I started out with a list I wanted to accomplish and, to be honest, my list turned out boring compared to what actually happened!
I was hired to be Supermodel Cheryl Tiegs’ makeup artist while she was hot off of the reality show Celebrity Apprentice.  I was part of Cleveland Fashion Week.   Then I was asked to be a feature career on The Career Zoo.com.  I had my own “Cover Girl” moment on the June cover of Cleveland Magazine.  I was also was part of a music video production in Hudson, Ohio.   Along the way, I was able to meet and apply makeup on many local celebrities, brides, and models to make their shoot or day picture perfect.
I am looking forward to this coming year.  I am currently looking for an assistant to work side by side with me on projects and have some other ideas in the works.  If you are thinking about becoming a makeup artist, I encourage you to do so.  It truly is a fun career.  Sometimes I even forget I am working!  I love addressing a client’s beauty challenges and then educating him or her about products that work best.  Seeing someone smile after I apply their makeup is very fulfilling.  I am proud of my little blog.  Finally, I do want to thank my friend and editor Christina Soltesz Peterson for her time in helping me with Sparkle and Shine. You’re the best!  For this year, it’s a wrap.  I can’t wait to see what next year brings for me and what I will share with you.


My June cover girl moment on Cleveland Magazine.
Me and Christina
Cleveland Fashion Week
thecareerzoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment