Growing up I wasn’t a sporty girl, I was into cheering, majorettes, ballet dancing and pageants. I was very versed in sports knowing the rules and how it is played but cared less to be involved. Now as an adult I attend many of my girl’s sports events.Football games to see my daughter be a helper/coach for the special needs cheerleaders and also watch their softball games and karate.
I do seem to land jobs with sporty people. Sports anchors and athletes. I never considered myself a “cool kid” in school but as time has gone by I get to hang out with a lot of “cool” kids in the entertainment and sports business. I also have become friends with many of them.I was asked by my friend Jeff Grover to be part of a local film that was shot at the Lake County Captains stadium last week. It was the first production night of three. How fun is it to hang out and do some work at the ballpark? Lots of fun! Sometimes I forget it is work.
BETWEEN THE LINES is the movie title. It is a SAG/AFTRA film with actors Andrew Gorell and Aubree Stone and written and directed by Jeffrey with cinematography by Steven Hacker. Between the Lines is a short film about a young girl attending her first major league baseball game but on the way to the park, something she sees is a real game changer.Production will continue into August.
As I gathered my kit to leave I was walking out to fireworks shooting into the night sky.In that moment I thought back to my goals for my career 27 years ago and I am happy about my journey so far but I have a bit more to accomplish. Thanks to Jeff and Steve for having me back for a third film. I am very grateful for the opportunity and look forward to many other projects.
![]() |
| Steve on Camera with crew Vidas, Rick and Greg & Jeff directing |
![]() |
| Jeff Directing |
| My Ah Ha moment |




No comments:
Post a Comment