February 18, 2014

Deja’ Vu

  While growing up in Cleveland, we had a morning show called The Morning Exchange.  It was hosted by Fred Griffith after the original host, Alan Douglas left months after it debuted.  Joel Rose and Liz Richards also were added.  Over the course of 27 years, Fred remained and had a few other co-hosts.  Both Robin Swoboda and Connie Dieken were part of this show at some point.  I watched each morning getting ready for school in the 1970’s.  At that time, celebrities would actually travel into town to be interviewed.  Authors would sit and chat about their newest novel and callers would call in and ask questions to experts talking about domestic problems.  It was all live and right downtown on Euclid Avenue.

 As a youngster I thought, how cool would it be to be at the station meeting all these interesting people? All the important people sat on the couch to talk to Fred.  Years later, both Connie and Robin  became news anchors at stations in town.  Robin was always funny while Connie was professional and so stunning.  In 2007, I had one of my biggest days ever in my career.  I was on the newest morning talk show, Good Company.  Same format as The Morning Exchange, but on another network. One of the hosts was Fred Griffith.

 Yes, I got to meet FRED GRIFFTH!  I was on to discuss beauty tips and I had 5 minutes to talk on camera... LIVE!  Very bizarre! I was going to be on a show just like I watched as a kid.  Fred was so professional that I wish I had had time to interview him.  I am sure he has stories to tell.  After that segment, I headed over to Baldwin Wallace College to be the stylist for then Senator Barack Obama.  In my eyes, this day was on the top of my list of professional achievements.

 As the years continued I became a regular on Good Company and actually sat on THE couch, a place reserved for only the biggest interviews.  What a thrill!  In 2011, I applied Robin Swoboda's makeup.  She was SO down to earth, living up to ALL my expectations.  In 2012 I met Connie Dieken for a shoot and have been her stylist for many projects in the last few years, so much so I consider her a friend.


 It is truly deja’ vu for me!  As a kid I dreamed of being on TV and thought how cool  these people and their jobs were.  Now I work assisting them.  It just proves that NO dream is unattainable.  You have to fight the odds, take the risk, and put yourself out there.  Lastly BELIEVE in yourself!  It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks about you because they don’t know your story to judge you.  Only you know the odds you have fought to get there.   

http://archive.wkyc.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=133093

Fred


Connie and Me

Robin

WEWS 

My time in the hot seat! Good Company





No comments:

Post a Comment