I must say, networking is the key in any business. Facebook has had such an impact on us as a society. I can even Like my grocery store to see their ads on my Facebook page. Women in their 80’s are at lunch talking about seeing pictures their family posted in albums. Facebook is like Mc Donald’s, iconic. I was encouraged to join Facebook a few years back to get my name out and drum up business. To be honest, it has worked. Social networking is here to stay. My FB Friends List is very select: I have known you for awhile, had to have met you recently, or want to do business with you in order for you to be added.
This Facebook story always gives me a laugh… I was on set for a Cleveland Magazine shoot at Crocker Park in Westlake, Ohio. The subjects were Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn of the Cleveland Browns. I was excited to be there. Many friends asked if I could get autographs for them, but when I am on set this is one thing I don’t ask for because it is frowned upon.
My introduction to them was pretty cut and dry, and I read nothing into it. As I was building my friends list, I requested many of my media connections and decided to make a friend request to Brady Quinn. He did accept me, became a part of my network, and blended in with my other friends or so I thought. One day, I received a call from my boyfriend. He said, “What’s up with Brady? He gave you a wink smile and wrote ‘Hi’ on your wall.” I was shocked hearing this news. I said, “WHAT?” and started to laugh. In my head, I knew when Brady and I met there was NOTHING there. At that time, he was dating a gal and I was nearly 15 years older than he as well as divorced with three kids. By all means, this didn’t seem to mesh. I told my boyfriend, “Hmm I don’t know. I will check on it later today.”
Even though it didn’t make sense, it turned out it WAS Brady Quinn! (LOL) I wasn’t in any hurry, so I went on through the better part of the day before attending to this matter. Once I logged on, there was a message from Brady. It read, “To all my friends that received a wink smile and ‘Hi’ message, please disregard. I have a Facebook virus.” At that, I knew I had to erase my wall post.
Some of my friends said I should have left it up a few days no matter what it was, but he claimed he really didn’t send it and I am in a relationship. It was best to remove it. Once Brady was traded, he deleted his account and I can no longer get posts by accident anymore.

No comments:
Post a Comment