August 31, 2014

Skin Needling

 So I am out to lunch with a dear friend that is visiting from Montclair New Jersey and she starts talking about skin needling. I was completely perplexed. I said to her “What is this?” She then explains how women are using needles on their face to help with ageing. As much as I tend to be in the “know” how did this has gone under my radar?  I then look it up online and I found out I am WAY behind on this treatment.

 From what I have found out in my research is there is a pen like device that goes over area of the skin to be treated. The pen pulses the needles and then after fillers can be placed into the area treated. From the information the needles help the skin’s elasticity, help promote collagen growth and reduce pore size.

 When viewing the procedure it doesn’t look like it hurts but after; WOW the swelling. One doctor showed a patient with 12 days of swelling. I don’t know about you but I work and don’t have that kind of time to lie around. I also found pictures of smaller areas treated that seemed much more beneficial. Any acne scars that are very deep seem to benefit from the needling.



 I am lucky with my genetics that my skin is in good shape. I have kept the sun off my face for the last 20 years so I don’t have brown spots or freckles. I also haven’t done any fillers on my face at this point and I don’t think I want to try needling. If you are having acne issues or interested in trying to get rid of your wrinkles ask your dermatologist about skin needling but take my advice DON”T do a large area of your face or your vacation time will be used up watching the Vacation Channel at home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment