It is mid-September and it is 60 degree’s here in Ohio as I
write this blog. I started to wear my blue jeans a few weeks ago. I am actually a person that doesn’t hate
wearing denim. My friends have issues finding the right pair, my kids don’t
like how uncomfortable they feel in them. Some people have stacks of jeans but wear
basically the same ones, is it a collection or will they have separation
anxiety getting rid of them?
I went to private school as a kid so it was rare that I wore
them then. At age 13 my Mom bought me my
first pair of designer jeans as part of my Easter outfit. Mom use to sew my
clothes and I generally wore dresses so this was a huge event. As an adult I seem to wear jeans 50% of the
time. I don’t know what it is with jeans? Maybe it is when we put them on we gain attitude,
toughness or even feel sexy.
This season there doesn’t seem to be an” in jean.” Torn,
dark and faded are OK to wear. Here a few tips on buying a pair. It is best to
still consider your shape. Larger pockets slim your butt or look for side
seams that come around to the front, it will give you a slimming look.
Maybe you don’t want blue jeans how about black jeans? A
skinny jean with a little spandex or lycra might give your figure a sexy silhouette.
When you go into the fitting room take in two pairs of the same jeans in the
exact same size before you buy them, each pair fit a bit differently. Also make
sure the zipper moves with ease and the slit for the button is open.
I think as women we over shop for our perfect pair of jeans.
Men are different they run into a department store look for their size MAYBE try them on and make the purchase. Why do I say this; because
most men don’t have on jeans that fit. They are too long in the length and
baggy in the seat. I guess most guys aren’t checking out their butts in the
three way mirror like women do. If all else fails and you
can’t find a pair of jeans buy a denim skirt or shirt instead because this fall wearing
any type of jean clothes you will be in style and look sexy.
| Levi's photo credit |
No comments:
Post a Comment