January 1, 2015

Cleveland Magazine Interesting People 2015

Once again, it was Cleveland Magazine’s issue of the Most Interesting People. This year instead of a group photo, we photographed three people in three separate shoots. We have a chef, a news anchor and a football player. The process of scheduling for three individual shots is a lot harder than just one big shoot.

First we photographed Ben Bebenroth: a farmer, chef and owner of Spice Kitchen + Bar and Spice of Life Catering Company. Ben came ready with his farm boots and chef coat in hand. Ben's  home sits on 13 acres of land in Cuyahoga Valley which also is a farm. Ben talks to Kim from Cleveland Magazine about his home, business and family as we got started.On camera Ben holds a few vegetables and knives as props and we have a few laughs. Within minutes the photo needed  has been captured.

Our second shoot was with news anchor Jennifer Jordan from FOX news. Jennifer came in looking beautiful already, just off an early broadcast. Kristen Miller the Art Director had arranged wardrobe for Jennifer but she also brought a few dresses in case they were needed. I helped Jennifer with her makeup and hair. Then there were three dresses to photograph her in and it would be determined later which one would be used. FOX news also sent out a news camera to spotlight her shoot on their program. Jennifer was excited about this shoot and I think she did great.

Our last shoot was with Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer. This was going to be done the day before "THE DECISION" was to be made on whom would start the game against  the Colts Johnny Manziel or Brian. Our shoot was going to be done at the Browns training facility in Berea.  Once we arrived and got checked in we were shown to a very small media room outside the lobby area. Eric Mull set up to do the photographing. 

 When Brian came in he looked sharp in his suit that the magazine requested him to wear. We did some introductions and as Brian was on set Eric said “I had a lot of friends offer to come with me so they could meet you"." People like you.” Brian snickered and relied “Well I am not too sure about today". I looked at Brian's eyes they seemed to be welled up a little. I felt as if he wasn’t taking this decision lightly.

The shoot  was about 15 minutes long and Cleveland Magazine was all in favor of Brian being on the cover no matter the decision. I had joked that there might be a re-shoot of Johnny on Friday. Kristen replied” It will be Hoyer”. The Browns did keep Hoyer for that game but would start Manziel the following week. In my eyes, I am Team Hoyer and he has earned the right to be on the cover because Brian is the hometown guy and this year he has been very interesting. 












No comments:

Post a Comment