October 7, 2015

Girl on Fire


I don't love to fly so I sit here writing this in the airport that I have been in three times over the past nine weeks. I am thinking that this time last year it was a different story, I was sitting in a waiting room of a hospital while my father had brain surgery. It has been a busy five years tending to his many health issues as I juggle a career and family. From the outside you could say delegate and have others help, but when there are "no others" I have no other option but to do my duty as a daughter and be there.


Back in January I had to make a decision to wrap up his affairs and move him into an assisted living home with round the clock care. I also needed help, I wanted to get a hold of my life. My goal by December 2015 was to start my voyage to Nashville Tennessee and with Dad stable now I can do this. I want to eventually move there but I have anchors that keep me docked in Cleveland for now.

It took seven years to really get my career up and running for commercial work in Ohio, this is why I need to lay the ground work for an eventual move down south. I met with an established and well known photographer in Nashville back in September a few days later he booked me for an album cover which  brings me to my traveling today. I am so lucky to have this opportunity. I sit in this Cleveland airport anxious and excited to be reaching another goal. You may think you have tomorrow or that you are too old to make a new start but I am here to say quit making excuses and cha
llenge yourself. Be that "Girl on Fire!"


Nashville kind of day!

Record cover styling


My new en devour 




No comments:

Post a Comment