As a business women I like to ask people how they hear about me. A referral is best because this means a client was happy with my services. A month ago I received a call to style four people for a Nationwide Insurance web commercial, the art director heard about my services from another Producer. I was hired to do on camera styling as well as getting paid to shop for the talent’s wardrobe. When you get to spend other people’s money it could be fun right? I have done this before and it isn’t as easy as it sounds. On the list to buy was four pairs of jeans for the actors I don’t know, this alone was freaking me out. It takes a few days to find jeans for myself never less a stranger
Armed with a big wad of cash and Starbucks in hand I head out to our high end mall. Once there I stubble upon a problem the summer clothes are just about gone and all new winter clothes are not on sale. I am not sure my budget will make the cut. I give myself all day to shop thinking maybe it would take five hours but it turned into nine hours, 16,000 steps on my Fit Bit and two malls.
It really seemed like a black Friday kind of shopping day. The next morning we were to film at a lake house in Lakewood Ohio. The second day would be at a golf course and the beach. Working days like these makes me smile because it is SO much fun! I had my associate Moira on set as well and we shared many laughs on our golf cart that just putted along the course. After that shot it was on to the beach. Waiting to shoot we had time to gaze at the downtown skyline. The weather was just beautiful both days, something to savor in September.
The actors were awesome and I look forward to seeing the commercials in full soon. With all the shopping and worry about wardrobe some of the actors ended up wearing their own jeans but many of my other shopping picks were used. I guess I stressed myself out for no reason, but when there is a new client I want to make sure everything goes just right.


No comments:
Post a Comment