Well it is almost the All Star game for the MBL. I have to be honest I don’t know many statistics about baseball but I do recall the climb to the World Series in 1995 and last year’s appearance for the Cleveland Indians. This year at the All Star game the Indians will have five players who will play which is awesome news.
Francisco Lindor is one of the Indians player who will be there and back in May I was able to meet him. Our shoot was delayed by two hours because Francisco was running late. The day before the Indians were out of town and arrived back in Cleveland at 4 AM that morning so I think he was pretty tired. After Francisco’s arrival things moved along very quickly.
New Balance and Footlocker needed pictures on this day for their products. We were shooting on the campus of John Carroll University in South Euclid Ohio trying to stay warm on a cold spring day. Francisco spoke about how Cleveland grew on him, at first there was many grey weather days and the spirit of the town wasn’t where it is now. He then added how today the city is thriving he sees many fans in team shirts around town supporting both the Indians and the CAVS. After ballgames he sometimes meets families that are represented by all generations eager to talk baseball with him.
Francisco is a grounded with a true sense of family. Talking about his influence by his Father in his younger years to play baseball, to his love for his Mother and girlfriend shows true character of this young man. He is the real deal; handsome, talented and charismatic. It was a fun shoot to help style on and I look forward to future encounters with our sports greats in Cleveland.
No comments:
Post a Comment