Even though the Cleveland Cavaliers did not reclaim the NBA championship title the city of Cleveland did again win. For me personally this was my fourth NBA series that I worked for the sports channel ESPN; and over the course of the last three years my work has significantly increased in general because of LeBron James coming back to Ohio. When our sports teams win our economy wins. People enjoy dinners out or meeting up with friends to watch the games. In general more business locally.
This also means more media visiting. I love my career but before LeBron left for Miami my business was not as abundant as it is now. With LeBron home he brings big brands here like NIKE to film his ads on location. The CAVS wining has brought in journalists and sports channels to spotlight key team players. This for sure helps freelancers like me to get in on a piece of the pie.
Here of some examples on how LeBron has helped me. In May I was able to work with the MIKE & Mike show on possibly one of their last trips as a duo to Cleveland this was filmed at Progressive Field. Another big event was a few weeks earlier when ABC and Rachel Nichols were here to interview Cavs player JR Smith and his wife Shirley to talk about their new daughter Dakota that arrived prematurely. This story broadcasted before game three during the preshow.
Early in June I worked on the shows First Take and the JUMP that air live on ESPN. What an experience I had; from daily chats with legendary basketball player Scottie Pippen about the old Coliseum where the BULLS and the CAVS played during the 80’s and 90’s to busting a move with Atlanta Hawks player Dwight Howard off camera before the show aired. Memories I will never forget.
I know that in the last few years meeting visitors they really like Cleveland; our food, hotels and personalities. They speak of the ease of getting in and around town along with our positive attitudes even when the odds are against us. The basketball season is done and to be honest I am having a bit of withdrawal, but I am excited to see what happens next in Cleveland. I also want to thank LeBron for coming back to Ohio. I defiantly see firsthand what a difference he has made for our city and in my business personally.
| JR Smith |
| On Set with Rachel Nichols |
![]() |
| Scottie |
![]() |
| First Take Will and Marcellus |
![]() |
| My makeup on Molly Qerim |
| The Jump |



No comments:
Post a Comment