July 31, 2013

Kyrie Irving




 Back in March, I received a call from photographer Tim Mantoani from San Diego. He was coming into town and asked if I could work on a Sunday, which was actually St. Patrick’s Day. I RARELY work Sundays as I feel it is my only “family” day and I'd rather spend it with the kids. Tim told me he could not discuss the job yet, but did tell me I would have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. In the back of my mind, I knew I might have to make an exception to my Sunday rule because only big jobs ask you to sign these agreements. I accepted the work and a week out from the shoot date Tim gave me directions to the studio. Not until I arrived did I find out the client was the Cleveland Cavaliers' point guard Kyrie Irving and he was going to be on the cover of an ES Sports PlayStation 4 game!

 As you can see in the photo, I did not wear my green hat or St. Patrick's Day beads for the shoot but I did arrive on time and got all set up. Kyrie’s uniform was sent over by the CAVS' office and I steamed it to get it ready for the photo shoot. A photo below shows all of the shoes sent over by NIKE for Kyrie to pick from to wear for the cover shot. He actually ended up wearing his team shoes instead. Once Kyrie got his uniform on, he said he didn’t think it looked right. I said to him, "The CAVS' office brought it here personally; however, I steamed it. Maybe that is why it looks different?" He laughed as he adjusted his shorts and said, “Maybe that IS it!"

 Kyrie had still photos taken on a green screen first and then went on camera to talk about his career and what he likes about EA Sports Games. That footage took about an hour to shoot and I was able to sit in for touch ups and hear how he has grown as an athlete. Kyrie is really a great role model for young athletes and I think EA Sports has a slam dunk on this year’s pick for the cover. As for me, I am glad I said I would work. I am not into green beer at all and my kids made plans with friends, so the day was just as exciting and I didn’t have to sit in parade traffic.




NIKE shoes sent over for Kyrie 

Kyrie Irving Tim Mantoani

Karen and Kyrie

No comments:

Post a Comment