May 5, 2015

Kevin Love

Back in November like many people I became a victim to the stomach flu that had me out sick for a week.  I was feeling better just in time to do a shoot with Kevin Love from the Cleveland Cavilers. I was pretty excited to meet this new solid addition to the CAVS. Kevin was going to be on the cover of STACK magazine dedicated to sports fitness.

The crew was asked to arrive around lunch time so after the teams practice the shoot could start. We sat in the media room after setting up and discussed all of our Thanksgiving plans while waiting.  It was three hours before Kevin came in to meet us. When he walked in the room I was amazed how tall he was but considering my height most people tower over me.  After introductions were all done Kevin headed to change into his uniform then I proceed to groom him for the shoot.

As I applied powder the editor of Stack gave Kevin some information about the shoot. After he was already it was onto the set where Eric Mull would take the photos. Kevin practices yoga so some of the photos consisted of yoga poses which added some more conversation. We headed to the court where action shots were captured and pictures of his workout routine.

Kevin has been well received here in town and certainly the ladies think he is eye candy.  My daughter was excited I was going to meet him and my Facebook page was on fire with comments about Kevin. I must say he is not only handsome but very kind. He thanked me for helping him on set and was very cooperative in whatever the editor and staff asked of him.

I was really looking forward to seeing the CAVS in the playoffs and what kind of magic Kevin could do. Sadly he was hurt in game four against the Boston Celtics and underwent surgery on his left shoulder and will not be part of any more games I just hope the rest of the team can stay healthy and we reach the championships in June.

   I am happy that I have worked with Kevin last November and Kyrie in 2013. Many people ask me if I have met LeBron?The answer is I have been a room twice with him but not formally met. I keep getting closer and before long I feel I will land a project with King James and all the dots will be connected for me.    

Groom time

Photo: Eric Mull


No comments:

Post a Comment