November 2, 2015

Rising Stars

Over the years I have helped many people get ready for their portfolio pictures. I often wonder where they are in their career. Some stall out, others give up but a few are “Living the Dream”. I have three model friends working hard in NYC Cat Carney, Isabella Jiang and Dave Williams. From runway shows to movies they are going places for sure.

Last summer I was watching an episode of the ABC show Mistresses and I thought the character named Marc Nickleby played by Rob Mayes looked familiar. I Googled him to see if Eric Mull’s photos came up but nothing did. I just dismissed the idea I knew him. Then when updating my portfolio a couple weeks ago to take to Nashville I saw the photo of Rob right there in my book. My instincts were right, I did work on a shoot with him. Actually twice once at Eric’s and also for The College Store catalog. In the last eight years Rob has not only been a cast member on Mistresses but appeared in the films Ice Castles and Enough Said.



It is awesome to say I remember them when. Cleveland is where many big name stars are from like Monica Potter, Patricia Heaton and  Halle Berry just to name a few. In the past the media has poked fun of us but with the CAVS going strong, films being made here and all our museums I think the educated people know Cleveland is on the rise.


My shoot with Rob Bill Pappas photo


CAT Eric Mull Photo 

Isabella





                                                           
Dave






No comments:

Post a Comment