December 16, 2015

Kent State

After I graduated and finished beauty school I said to my Mom, “I think I want to go to Kent State University and study Nursing.” My Mom laughed and said, “Nope you are going to State Board and getting your license to be a Cosmetologist. “ I don’t know what I was thinking or why I said Kent but that moment lasted for about a minute.In the last ten years I have been able to meet and collaborate with many students from Kent's theater department. I also have been on campus to work for MTV while they taped the band Cobra Starship for a concert on the green.

In December it tends to be the slowest month of the year for me, maybe a wedding or two but really not much goes on. This year was a different story, a production company from Virginia contacted me to work on a new commercial for Kent State. This was to be a very busy week and then  I could sit back and enjoy Christmas with my kids off of school.

After being on the campus that week I quickly realized I made the right decision not to go to college. I would have been late to every class trying to navigate around and tired all the time from socializing. Our crew had full access to the campus that included being at the Kent airport to film students that are training to be pilots. I had no idea this course was even offered there.

 Another day we saw future designers at the fashion school, and one evening we were on the football field. I also met some of the best professors and many eager students willing to take part in the commercial despite it being finals week.

I look forward to seeing how much footage is used but I really like the concept of the commercial which I can’t discuss right now. I will add it to this post once it is released so make sure to follow my blog if this is your first time stopping by. Ohio is lucky to have so many wonderful Universities in it and for many reasons I suggest to explore Kent State if you are looking to apply.

Sunrise at the airport

Vocal lesson

Fashion School

Football





No comments: