I can’t even describe how busy this summer was. As many of
us work and have families things can be thrown at you to change up the routine;
for me it was the Republican National Convention back in July. I thought I was ready for it, two years in the
making. Here is the catch, we were moving out of our home into another one in
late June and I just wrapped up working five long days for ESPN. I
had little time to prepare for this crazy week.
I received calls starting
in May to reserve makeup artists for the RNC. There were security issues and
credentials that all needed to be lined up for us yet information from the
networks were sketchy. Talking to the girls some were booked already while others that gave me their word to work called
off and that left me scurrying to find other artists. I guess that is was
happens when your name is on the door.
It was a roller coaster and through all the ups and downs I
ended up getting a call while in route to downtown that I was going to style Mike
Pence the VP candidate for the Republican Party. It was a last minute interview set with Judy Woodruff for PBS News Hour. This totally took me by surprise and I
became very happy that the week had taken a positive turn.
Everything was beautifully planned by the RNC committee and
the city of Cleveland. I was able to meet many national news anchors including
David Muir. It really was an incredible history making time. The TODAY show was
also filming on E 4th St. and on one of my mornings off my daughters and I were
able to meet Matt Lauer and Savahanna Gutherie which was a thrill for us.
I also chatted with Chris Soules the Bachelor and Iowa
farmer that was at the convention to speak about alternative energy. He was charming
and VERY tall. So much excitement around the city that was just shinning. I am not sure we will have
another world event like this here but I am proud of Cleveland and my staff for
making it through a hectic and prosperous week.
No comments:
Post a Comment