| Cath Smith Photography |
We are already onto month two of 2020. Did you make a resolution? Are you still trying to maintain that commitment? In the past, I’ve set goals for the New Year such as getting a new job or posting more videos for my business. I feel that these resolutions don’t always stick, there’s sometimes too much pressure. If you set a goal for the year, realize that you have twelve full months to work towards it. There’s not a deadline as to when you must meet your goals, as long as you’re actively working towards achieving them. In my opinion, this is the mindset we have to use when tackling our resolutions.
This year I will be fifty. I look in the mirror and see many things happening to me. More grey hair, changes in my skin texture and of course, more facial lines. I am not bothered by these changes but as a beauty advisor, I always want to present my best self. That being said, my goal this year is to keep moving forward with my nutrition and daily beauty routines.
Last year I had a few consultations about facial fillers, having seen two specialist that are in the top of their field. As many people sign up for injections without a second thought, I am completely hesitant. I once read an article that said in the near future, it will be hard to tell anyone’s age because of the culture of cosmetic work more and more people are taking part in. As time goes by, I am beginning to think this is true. With more advances in technology and medicine, people will physically age much differently in the future.
After my two different appointments and discussion on what I wanted done, which was very little, both practices had more ideas of what we could do to “update” my appearance. After these consultations, I convinced myself I was no longer interested. I didn’t want to allow these consultations to get in my head or lower my self-worth. Yet before the holidays, I received an email about a special that one of the doctor was holding and I immediately jumped on board. I paid money to reserve a spot fix my laugh lines with Juvederm I was excited to go.
Once I arrived I saw at least forty other women in this room. My thought was I am going to be here all night. I asked where I could sign in at. I was then told it was an open house party, I had to come back another night to get the filler. WHAT?! I was mad at myself that I didn’t read the fine print more closely and even more so, mad that now it’d be more likely that I lose the nerve to come back and get the procedure done. I walked out with a friend, grabbing some gift samples and headed to a nearby restaurant to grab some wine.
Now I need to reschedule. I decided to do this in the summer so I will look glowing on the trip to Italy my husband and I are set to take later this year. It’s possible that once I receive this procedure, it will be a one and done. Yet there’s another possibility that I will get hooked and it will be a new part of my beauty routine. I’m not sure how it will go. What I do know is, if you’re someone who is on fence about fillers or any type of cosmetic procedure, do your homework first.
Talk the idea over with yourself. Don’t give into pressure from peers or family, go on your own timeline. Confide in trusted friends who are comfortable with sharing the cosmetic work they’ve had done. Schedule consultations with doctors and specialists that they recommend. Don’t shop by lowest price, you do get what you pay for. Always ask for certifications of the person doing the injections or procedures and how many they do a month.
Finally, do what is comfortable for you. Don’t get up sold or roped into anything extra that you haven’t fully thought through.
I will update you all on my journey through this fiftieth year. Meanwhile, comment on what you’re doing to tackle your New Year’s resolution or how you celebrated your fiftieth birthday. I would love to chat about it!
This year I will be fifty. I look in the mirror and see many things happening to me. More grey hair, changes in my skin texture and of course, more facial lines. I am not bothered by these changes but as a beauty advisor, I always want to present my best self. That being said, my goal this year is to keep moving forward with my nutrition and daily beauty routines.
Last year I had a few consultations about facial fillers, having seen two specialist that are in the top of their field. As many people sign up for injections without a second thought, I am completely hesitant. I once read an article that said in the near future, it will be hard to tell anyone’s age because of the culture of cosmetic work more and more people are taking part in. As time goes by, I am beginning to think this is true. With more advances in technology and medicine, people will physically age much differently in the future.
After my two different appointments and discussion on what I wanted done, which was very little, both practices had more ideas of what we could do to “update” my appearance. After these consultations, I convinced myself I was no longer interested. I didn’t want to allow these consultations to get in my head or lower my self-worth. Yet before the holidays, I received an email about a special that one of the doctor was holding and I immediately jumped on board. I paid money to reserve a spot fix my laugh lines with Juvederm I was excited to go.
Once I arrived I saw at least forty other women in this room. My thought was I am going to be here all night. I asked where I could sign in at. I was then told it was an open house party, I had to come back another night to get the filler. WHAT?! I was mad at myself that I didn’t read the fine print more closely and even more so, mad that now it’d be more likely that I lose the nerve to come back and get the procedure done. I walked out with a friend, grabbing some gift samples and headed to a nearby restaurant to grab some wine.
Now I need to reschedule. I decided to do this in the summer so I will look glowing on the trip to Italy my husband and I are set to take later this year. It’s possible that once I receive this procedure, it will be a one and done. Yet there’s another possibility that I will get hooked and it will be a new part of my beauty routine. I’m not sure how it will go. What I do know is, if you’re someone who is on fence about fillers or any type of cosmetic procedure, do your homework first.
Talk the idea over with yourself. Don’t give into pressure from peers or family, go on your own timeline. Confide in trusted friends who are comfortable with sharing the cosmetic work they’ve had done. Schedule consultations with doctors and specialists that they recommend. Don’t shop by lowest price, you do get what you pay for. Always ask for certifications of the person doing the injections or procedures and how many they do a month.
Finally, do what is comfortable for you. Don’t get up sold or roped into anything extra that you haven’t fully thought through.
I will update you all on my journey through this fiftieth year. Meanwhile, comment on what you’re doing to tackle your New Year’s resolution or how you celebrated your fiftieth birthday. I would love to chat about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment